Wednesday, March 2, 2011

90% Knitting - Episode 6



ON THE NEEDLES:
  • Moody Blues socks, plain vanilla pattern, my hand-dyed self-striping sock yarn.
  • Will be casting on soon for Beret de Printemps (pattern by Jeni Chase) out of Malabrigo Silky Merino in Archangel and my March YOSS plain vanillas out of Keegan Lane Yarns Toasty Sock Big Footies in Shamrockin'.
FOs:
ON THE WHEEL/IN THE DYE:
  • Spinning Dyeabolical Yarns BFL/Silk top in Juniper on my wheel.
  • Spinning my hand-dyed Targhee-Mohair in Storm Clouds on my drop spindle.
  • Dyed three colorways of sportweight self-striping.
DESIGN PROJECTS:
  • Simple lace pattern for a class I'll be teaching next month.
OOPS:
  • A few minor dyeing mishaps, but it's all part of the learning process!
RESOURCES/RECOMMENDATIONS:
10%:
  • This week's Quickie KAL project in the 90% Knitting group on Rav will be the free Round Dishcloth pattern by Amy Carpenter. I'll be using Peaches & Cream yarn for mine, but any unmercerized cotton yarn will do!
  • 3191Q, the quarterly indie published magazine put out by the women behind 3191 Miles Apart web site. Fabulous photography, inspiring articles, projects and recipes. Love it! (Sorry, I was way off on the price. A year's subscription within the US is $58, individual issues $20, including shipping. I still think they're worth it.)
  • Anton Strout's Simon Canderous series of the urban fantasy genre. Good storytelling, fun sense of humor throughout. The fourth in the series, Dead Waters, just came out.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Great show Lisa. I am looking forward to checking out your etsy shop. That mint chocolate chip yarn intrigues me.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the tri-colored sock yarn. Beautiful!

Silja Devine said...

Thanks for the mention of Ullstund :) And you did say my name correctly!

monique said...

What a wonderful show again, I loved watching it.
The sock yarns you have made look gorgious and I can't wait till your shop is open and I do hope that you ship to the Netherlands.

Tara said...

Another great one, thanks! Ahh, and you mentioned my name. So cool! I am in need of a new dishcloth, so I better go stash diving. I know I have some cotton at the bottom, :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow I just love that Somoko in Sun!! If I could I would reach right through the screen and run off with it! lol
I am hoping to get a spindle for my birthday *crosses fingers* Then I'll have to learn how to spin.
I LOVE my addi turbos too but not the lace ones. They have a funny smell. Do you have addi lace? I have some Hiyahiya dpns. I'll have to check out the circs. Thanks!