Wednesday, February 2, 2011

90% Knitting: Episode 2



The aspect ratio on this video is really wonky, and I can't find a way to fix it. I'll work on it for next week's videocast. Until then, please know that my head really is not that squished. ;)

Thank you to everyone who watched the first episode last week & left such encouraging feedback for me!

Also, thank you SO MUCH Leslie (udontcallmeles) from The Knit Girllls for helping me figure out post-production.

There is a new Ravelry group for the podcast. Come join us!

(Also, I found out right after I finished recording - natch - the podcast is now available on iTunes!)

ON THE NEEDLES: (Links go to my Rav project pages)
  • CalVADos Cardigan (as opposed to CalDAVos, as I have been calling it since I started knitting it last year...duh) - Thea Coleman pattern, Cascade 220 Heathers yarn.
  • Haruni - Still there, no progress.
  • Crescent Shawl - Scholler & Stahl Limbo from deep in my stash; just winging the pattern as I go.
  • Shawl Swap Shawl that I can't show you because the swap is still at its secret stage. I can tell you I'm knitting it from the BamHuey fiber I spun and showed you last week, and it's being knit into an Anne Hanson shawl so it will count for the Spring Fling February KAL.
  • YOSS February Plain Vanilla Sock - Fleece Artist Somoko yarn, Sun colorway.
  • The project bag is a GoKnit pouch, the small one, made by KnowKnits and sold at The Loopy Ewe.
ON THE WHEEL:
  • A Targhee wool and mohair blend from Cosymakes' Farm Wool Fiber Club, the November 2010 colorway called Fire Gang. Cosy's blog. Cosy's Etsy shop.
FO's:
DESIGNING:
  • Twisting & Twining is out to the test knitters!
OOPS:
  • Austerman Step...6 knots and reversed color sequence halfway through the ball? So! Not! Acceptable!
  • Not re-reading instructions for projects you've set down for a prolonged period leads to errors, such as forgetting to change needle sizes after the ribbing on the back of your Calvados Cardigan.
BOOKS:
10%:

3 comments:

Yarnivore said...

I adore Cosy's stuff, I think I've knit 6 or so patterns from her book, good choice <3

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a photo album of your knitting! I want one too! I don't have enough FOs for a whole album yet, but give me a few more months...

Great podcast. Thanks!

Phaye said...

So glad I found your vidcast.
I have really enjoyed it. Thanks