Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Knitting update...

I haven't shared any knitty goodness lately. Thought I'd remedy that. First, a hat...


That one was one of my monthly charity hats. Really nothing exciting, but hopefully it will keep someone's head warm this winter. (And note the extreme enthusiasm on my son's face as he models the hat. Woo...stand back!)

And another hat...

And yet another...


These two are both two versions of a hat I've been designing. It is not a particularly complicated hat, but clearly I am not a natural-born designer because it has been taking me a while to get the pattern right! I hope to release it soon here on the blog and at that time, I'll post better pictures.

Lastly, not a knitting project but my crocheted granny square afghan made out of all my odd balls of Noro Silk Garden...


It's not very big...only about 40" square. But I love the colors and it makes a nice little lap blanket. 

I've been working on another project that is a super-surprise project that I can't show anyone yet. And, as always, there are things in progress. I wish I could say I'm working on a nice sweater for myself now that the cold weather seems to be arriving regularly, but I'm not. Why? Because all the nice, nice sweaters I've knit for myself in the past couple of years? They don't fit. They're all too big. Way too big. Sack-like. I'm swimming in them. Even the couple that are meant to fit looser -- like my February Lady Sweater and my two-toned Plymouth Tweed sweater from last year -- I thought I could get away with wearing them, but they just baggy and ill-fitting. I know it's a good problem -- I mean, it's a visual reminder of the 45 pounds I've lost so far -- but it's also pretty disheartening. All that nice yarn, all those hours of knitting all of those thousands of stitches. Unusable. 

Thus, I refuse to knit any more fitted garments for myself until I've stopped shrinking. At least that is what I'm telling myself right now. I'll probably renege on that eventually, but for now, I'll be knitting things where body size doesn't matter. Hats. Mitts. Scarves. SOCKS. Hey! My socks still fit...that's something!

And speaking of socks...Soctoberfest is just TWO DAYS AWAY! So very, very excited about that! My sock knitting mojo always wains in the summertime. But then fall rolls around and it starts to come back, and now for the second year, I intend to feed it by participating in Socktoberfest. Check out the deal on Lolly's blog, or check out the Rav group for it, and join in the sock-knitting fun! (Oh, and once again, Kirsten is creating another Mystery Sock pattern just for Socktoberfest. Can't wait to see what it is this year! It was so much fun to knit along on it last year, even if it did take me several months beyond October to finish my pair. :})

No comments: