Friday, May 23, 2008

Five Minute Friday: Live, from Florida...

Yes, I'm blogging from my mom's in Florida right now. And as such, I thought I'd make Florida the topic of this week's Five Minute Friday...so for the next five minutes, the reasons I'm happy to be in The Sunshine State!

1. Despite the fact that the sun has not been out and the rain seems to have followed me from PA, it IS at least warm here. Humid, but warm. I'll take it.

2. I'm getting to spend four days' of quality time with my Mom, something that has not happened before in my adult life. My mom is going to be 65 this year, and she's in good health, but the older she gets (and the older I get), the more I value the time I get to spend with her, especially now that she lives so far away from me.

3. Being here in Florida means I am not sitting at a garage in Virginia with my husband with a broken down (Budget) rental truck filled with our oldest son's family's belongings on it's way to their new home in NC. While I feel irrationally guilty that I am here having a good time while he is dealing with this, I am pretty thankful I am not there, because I imagine tensions are going to be running a little high before all is said and done.

4. Got to eat a yummy shrimp salad croissant with the best potato salad on earth at my favorite little restaurant here, Cafe Karibou. Mmm.

5. I can spend the next four days relaxing and knitting to my heart's content.

6. Having the whooooole bed to sprawl out in. ;)

7. Hot tub. Ahhhh. (A new addition here at the house since I last visited! Only probably is it is not possible to knit in the hot tub.)

8. No dog to clean up after.

9. Shopping! Wheeee! :)

10. Wine ad beer sold in the grocery stores. Seriously, PA is behind the times on this one. (Stocked up on a couple bottles of blackberry merlot today...a couple glasses of that while I'm in the hot tub and my aforementioned feelings of guilt will likely be washed away. LOL)

Off to knit for a bit now...maybe with a glass of wine....

No comments: