Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gotta have closure...

...since all of my movie quotes from the FMF post a few weeks back did not get guessed, I went ahead and gave the answers to the rest of them. So, if you've been losing sleep over those pesky quotes, go now and see who said them and in which movies.

As I mentioned in the original post, I had two other movies that I wanted to use quotes from, but neither one had quotes listed on IMDb, so I left them off. The movies were If You Believe and Shadows in the Sun. Not sure which quote I'd have used from the former, but the latter is chock full of great lines, especially lines that ring true for every writer. Lots of good writerly wisdom and sentiments to be gleaned in that one. Oh, and the scenery is fantastic as well. And the characters were really enjoyable, I thought. Loved Harvey Keitel's crazy writer character. The plot line well...eh...not so believable in many places (it was a Hallmark Channel movie, after all), but I've watched it a bazillionty times and still enjoy it...and still would like to wake up some day looking like Claire Forlani.

1 comment:

tomzgrrl said...

Thanks for the closure -- I was sure I'd seen the movie with the "nipples of Venus" quote but couldn't place it. Yep, I loved Chocolat -- but it was a long time ago! The other movies you just posted the answers for, I have never seen. Not even Gone with the Wind!