Sunday, December 9, 2007

Odd bits on a Sunday morning...

Last night was the hubby's work Christmas (er, holiday) party. The obligatory "good time was had by all." No, really...it was nice. Huge. Over 400 people this year. I remember the first one we went to 14 years ago...40, 50 people maybe? The company has really grown. It's a good thing. Anyway, after a crazy-busy day at work yesterday, I got home a half hour late, got ready to go (thankful for the good hair day I was having!) and forced myself into small talk mode for the evening. We were home around 11:30, when I promptly changed into my jammies and curled up to knit and relax.

My latest pair of mitts...love 'em! My favorites so far...


My first felted bowl...it was a fun, quick knit...perhaps needs to be felted a bit more to make it sturdier, but I like it, which isn't always the case with my felting projects...


And if I turn it upside down and add a tassel, it would make a funky fez, no? LOL


(Please admire the no-make-up-morning-hair- glasses-still-in-my-jammies look I'm sporting here. I am such a fashionista, no? :})

The kids spent the night at their grandparents last night. Kevin got up to pick them up and take them to church this a.m. whilst I opted to be a heathen today and chill at home (and get a couple more hours' of sleep). I'm really coveting my alone time lately, likely because I haven't been getting much of it. At this time of year, I quickly become aware of how much I need it.

Thus, I'm off to make some coffee, tidy up the messy house and try to make heads or tails of what I need to accomplish in the next week. I used to do this regularly...plan the coming week on Sunday. It makes such a difference when I do it. I think maybe I'll try to get back in that habit in the coming year. Right now, Christmas is in just over two weeks, my mom will be in town in just under two weeks, and I need to prioritize.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Lisa,

Was sent to you from Lain's blog. I suppose your giveaway is over now coz I tried to email you but it didnt get through. So I thought I'd leave you a comment. So generous of you to be doing this. I would have loved to be on the receiving end of scrap goodies as I dont get any here in India. Shipping is too expensive as I have to pay customs duty on big packages. Once in a while my friends in the US (We lived there for 13 years before moving back to India) send me small packages of goodies in regular mail and I pour over them like water to a thirsty person. Anyways, this was a kind request to you, if you still have any goodies left, would you please consider me as a possible giveaway candidate. Thank you nontheless. Hope you are having a lot of fun with your new hobby. Priya Venkat

Anonymous said...

Hello again Lisa,

I realised that I didnt leave my email id so here it is- balavenkatbox@hotmail.com Thanks again, Priya

melly said...

Wow, you have had a very productive weekend! And I like the idea of alone time too... I think it is important.

Ami said...

I totally know the "I need alone time" feeling. But I still haven't gotten any.
I have 3 dd's. I love them to pieces, but man...momma needs some ME time!
AND...my dh just started working from home...God help me.... :)